for SATA HDD
Saturn IDE Drive Cradle
Saturn Cipher key
The Saturn Mobile Rack (SMR) is the first in the market that enables both SATA and IDE hard drive to be used as removable hard drive via the same drive bay. The drive enclosure, comes in a compact foot print slightly larger than a VCR cassette, offers the option of using the hard drive as an external drive*. Constructed with strong aluminum, the SMR kit is built for long durability and efficient heat dissipation.
You can also install any 2.5" SATA hard drive into the Saturn SATA drive enclosure using the optional 2.5" hard drive mounting bracket. Or use optional 2.5" -3.5" IDE converter kit to install 2.5" or 1.8" IDE hard drive into the Saturn IDE drive enclosure. For more detail of all the possible applications on the Saturn Hard Drive kit, please visit the Saturn Hard Drive solution page.
With the choice of Saturn Cipher drive enclosure that comes with built-in bullet proof hardware encryption technology, sensitive data stored in the hard drive can be kept secure even if the hard drive is lost or stolen, Unlike software encryption, the Addonics hardware solution encrypts and decrypts data with no measurable performance degradation and yet simple to use as there is no software to install or password to remember.
Drive enclosures features
- Great for attaching SATA or IDE hard drive to IDE interface
- Three models to choose from
- SMR I - IDE drive enclosure (AASIDECS) use 3.5" IDE hard drive as an IDE removable hard drive. No option to use drive enclosure for external connection.
- SMR II - IDE - USIB drive enclosure (AASIUSCS) that uses 3.5" IDE hard drive as an IDE removable hard drive. Option to use the drive enclosure as an external hard drive.
- SMR III - SATA - USIB drive enclosure (AASSAUSCS) that uses any 3.5" SATA or SATA II hard drive as an IDE removable hard drive. Option to use the drive enclosure as an external hard drive.
(*Drive enclosure from Mobile Rack II and III can be used as External hard drive when attach with one of the optional Addonics USIB interface cables and external power adapter.)
- Choice of black or ivory color
- Choice of drive enclosure with or without hardware encryption
- Support large hard drive beyond 137G with single partition
- Drive enclosure is compatible with optional Saturn USIB Drive Cradle to become a hot swappable drive system.
- No interface cabling between drive and enclosure for reliable connection.
- No switch to set between internal and the optional external hard drive application
- Compact size Drive enclosure - slightly larger than a VCR cassette
- Sturdy aluminum body for use in rough environment
- Well ventilated design, good heat conduction without fan for quite operation
- Simple hard drive installation
- Optional 2.5"/1.8" converter kit
IDE Drive Cradle
- Mount inside any standard 5 1/4" drive bay
- Aluminum construction plus cooling fan for efficient cooling inside any system
- Drive Cradle supports Master/Slave setting on IDE channel with jumper on new Saturn Drive Enclosures
- IDE connection
Encryption features (for Saturn Cipher only)
- Hardware based 64-bit DES, 128-bit or 192-bit TDES full disk encryption
- High performance - Data is encrypted and decrypted on the fly by a certified cryptographic engine inside an ASIC without taking any CPU resources
- Encryption / Decryption via a hardware key , just like using a regular key to open a door.
To enable the encryption and access the drive, simply insert the Cipher key into the keyhole of the Jupiter Cipher enclosure prior to turn on the power.
- Simple to deploy with no training required, no software to install and no password to remember
- Platform independency - There is no software or driver to install to use Addonics encryption products. As a result, it can be deployed in any systems running any OS. This is important in organization with multi platform computing and legacy systems.