Ruby Drive Enclosure
|Ruby 256-bit Cipher key
Ruby Drive Cradle with IDE interface
The Ruby Cipher Mobile Rack (RCMR) features the new generation of eSATA hard drive enclosures with the 256-bit AES hard encryption to ensure absolute data security should the drive get stolen or lost. The crypto engine inside the Ruby Cipher enclosure handles all the encryption and decryption on the fly with no detectable performance degradation on data transfer. Using native eSATA interface, the RCMR supports the highest performance possible today through an externally connected hard drive enclosure.
The RCMR is designed to enable any SATA hard drive to be use as a removable hard drive via Ruby Cipher IDE or SCSI drive cradle installed inside the standard 3 1/2" drive bay of a computer. Constructed in anodized aluminum with precision finish for smooth operation, the RCMR is built to last while at the same time providing excellent heat dissipation for the hard drive.
The Ruby Cipher enclosure, small enough to fit easily in the palm of your hand, is designed to handle shocks and perform reliable in mobile application or rough environment with a patented shock proof rugged anodized aluminum housing. The Ruby Cipher drive enclosure comes with both an eSATA and SATA connector. The eSATA connector allows the Ruby Cipher drive enclosure to be used as an external eSATA hard drive using a standard eSATA cable and an optional power adapter. The SATA connector allows the Ruby Cipher drive enclosure to be used as a removable cartridge in the Ruby Cipher drive cradle installed inside the 3 1/2" drive bay of any computer. The Ruby Cipher drive enclosure can also be attached to the USB port of any computer with an optional USB 2.0 - eSATA adapter.
Coming built in with the Addonics SATA direct bridge interface, the Ruby Cipher drive enclosure allows the SATA hard drive to appear as a direct connection to the host both in eSATA mode or SATA mode while at the same time isolating the SATA hard drive power and data connectors from the wears and tears incurred in some of the removable SATA hard drive system.
Encryption features (for Ruby Cipher only)
- Full disk encryption via a hardware-based NIST & CSE certified cryptographic AES engine
- High performance - Data is encrypted and decrypted on the fly by a certified cryptographic engine inside an ASIC without taking any CPU resources
- Encryption / Decryption via a hardware key , just like using a regular key to open a door.
To enable the encryption and access the drive, simply insert the Cipher key into the keyhole of the Ruby Cipher enclosure prior to turning on the power.
- Simple to deploy with no training required, no software to install and no password to remember
- Platform independency - There is no software or driver to install to use Addonics encryption products. As a result, it can be deployed in any systems running any OS. This is important in organization with multi platform computing and legacy systems
Drive Enclosure features
- Stylish and rugged black anodized aluminum
- Compact size - fits inside a pocket
- Light weight
- Shock proof - up to 3 feet drop damage protection for the hard drive
- Compatible with any 2.5" SATA 1.5Gbps or SATA 3.0Gbps hard drive with height of 10 mm or less
- eSATA connector for external eSATA connection
- Optional eSATA - USB 2.0 Adapter to connect through USB 2.0 connection
- Regular SATA connector for use as an internal hot-swap removable hard drive in a 5 1/4" drive bay with optional Ruby Cipher Drive Cradle
- Hard drive connectors are isolated by a SATA direct bridge from wear and tear in removable drive application
- Support large hard drive beyond 137G with single partition.
- No interface cabling between drive and enclosure for reliable connection.
- LED for both power and drive access
- OS support in external hard drive mode
- eSATA - DOS, Windows 95, NT(SP6), 98SE, Me, 2000, XP, Vista, Mac, Linux and Solaris
- USB - Windows 98SE, Me, 2000, XP, Vista, Mac, Linux and Solaris
Drive Cradle features
- Mount inside any standard 3 1/2" drive bay
- IDE or SCSI LVD 160 interface
- 4-pin Molex and 15-pin SATA power connector
- OS support in internal hard drive model
- IDE or SCSI - DOS, Windows 95, NT(SP6), 98SE, Me, 2000, XP, Vista, Mac, Linux and Solaris