***Please Note: It is required that the Unit be connected to a Port Multiplier compatible eSATA Host Controller for the System to see all drives. It is assumed that the driver for the eSATA Host Cotroller is correctly installed.***
Storage Tower V with one 5X1 Rackmount PM installed
Storage Tower V, one 5-Port Rackmount PM (AD5SARPM-E), 110/240V 320 Watts power supply, power cord, 5 4P Molex power connectors (with 5 SATA power connector adapters), and user guide.
Built on the same storage design concept from the original Storage Tower, the Storage Tower V and IX feature more drive bays , bigger power supply and more rooms for mounting more Port Multipliers (PM) or connectors. All these translates into more flexibility and more drives for larger storage capacity to meet your storage requirement.
With the combination of various Disk Arrays, as many as 8 3.5" drives and 15 3.5" drives can be installed into the Storage Tower V or Storage Tower IX respectively. By connecting these drives to three 5-port PMs, the 15 drives can be connected to the system with a single multilane cable or 3 eSATA cables. This is just one of the configuration examples. There are practically endless customization possibilities in combining 3.5" or 2.5" SATA or IDE hard drives with various combination of RAID capability. You can actually consolidate all the storage into one Storage Tower and let it serves multiple systems.
- Great for variety of storage applications - external RAID storage, Video storage, Server storage
- Five 5.25" drive bays in Storage Tower V and nine 5.25" drive bays in Storage Tower IX
- Choice of following storage controllers or bridges for connecting the drives inside the Storage Tower.
- 5x1 eSATA Hardware Port Multiplier-XA Enclosure Version (AD5HPMRXA-E) to connect up to 4 SATA/SATA II hard drives to computer via any eSATA port. Can be configured as RAID 1, 0, 10, 5, 3, BIG, or Clone mode. (RAID setting is configured through onboard jumpers or included Windows software)
- 4x1 eSATA/USB Hardware Port Multiplier (AD4SR5HPMU-E) to connect up to 4 SATA/SATA II hard drives to computer via any eSATA or USB port. Can be configured as RAID 1, 0, 10, 5, 5+S, BIG2 or BIG4 (RAID setting is configured through an onboard rotary switch, no software is needed)
- 5x1 eSATA Hardware Port Multiplier (AD5SAHPM-EA) to connect up to 5 SATA/SATA II hard drives to computer via any eSATA port or with USB 2.0 port (requires optional eSATA to USB 2.0 adapter, AAU2ESA). Can be configured as RAID 1, 0, 1+0, JBOD or as individual drives**. (requires a PM compatible SATA controller for the initial RAID configuration)
- 5X1 eSATA Port Multiplier (AD5SARPM-E) to connect up to 5 SATA/SATA II hard drives to computer as via 1 eSATA port (requires a PM compatible SATA controller). Can be configured as RAID 1, 0, 1+0, RAID 5, JBOD or as individual drives**.
- Multilane bridge (AD4SAML) for the latest SATA Multilane connection to connect up to 4 SATA/SATA II hard drives to system via 1 Infiniband Multilane cable
- JBOD USB (AD4IDEU2) to connect up to 4 IDE hard drives as JBOD (1 large combined drive or 2 large combined drives), or 4 individual drives to computer via 1 USB 2.0/1.1 port
- 4 eSATA connectors for connecting 4 hard drives to system via 4 individual eSATA cables.
- Accommodates up to to 8 and 15 3.5" hard drives in STV and STIX respectively when combines with various Disk Arrays.
- Sturdy metal frame construction
- Power and drive access LED sockets
* For eSATA connection, hot swap feature depends on the controller. All Addonics SATA controllers support the hot swap feature. The Storage Tower IX can be powered down and restarted to swap out hard drive without rebooting the system.
**Independent drive configuration is only supported with controllers with Silicon Image SIL3124 or SIL3132 chip set.
IDE and SATA hard drive can be mixed in the Storage Tower IX. IDE hard drives can be changed to SATA interface with the addition of IDE - SATA converter. SATA hard drives can be changed to IDE interface with the addition of SATA - IDE converter.
|5.25" drive bays
|80 x 80 mm cooling fans
|Dimension (W x D x H inches)
||7.5 x 16 x 10.4
||11.25 lb ( 5.10 kg) (180 oz)
|SCSI - I(Centronics 50) punch outs on back panel
|USIB connector pouch outs on back panel
||320 watts 110/240V AC
|Internal power connectors
||4P Molex male
|15-pin SATA female
||5 (can be changed to 4P Molex by removing 15-pin adapter)
|4P floppy power female
|Operating temperature and humidity
||0 - 50 degree C, 15% - 90% RH
|Storage temperature and humidity
||20 - 85 degree C, 0% - 95% RH non-condensing