Components list made up this model:
Storage Tower (STMPC-B with SCSI-I back panel), 4X1 eSATA / USB 2.0 Hardware Port Multiplier (AD4SR5HPMU-E), 4 units Diamond Drive Cartridge System for SATA hard drive (DDCSSAS), 6 feet A-B USB cable (AAUSBAB6F), 3 feet eSATA cable (AAESATA100C)
All is needed is to add the hard drive of your choice to create your own powerful external RAID storage.
The RAID Tower IV is built basing on the Storage Tower platform that features two 5.25" drive bays in a lightweight and compact chassis with a stylish and functional front bezel. Depending on the model, up to six 3.5" hard drives can be installed into the RAID Tower IV. The drives can be configured as a RAID set and be connected to the computer via a single USB 2.0 or the high speed eSATA connection. Each model comes with everything needed for connecting to the computer. All is needed is to add your own hard drives and configure the RAID via either a simple on board rotary switch or software utility depending on the model of the RAID Tower.
RAID Tower IV basic specification
- Great for variety of storage applications - external RAID storage, Video storage, Server storage
- Sturdy and attractive black metal frame construction with carrying handle
- Compact size - 8.19 x 12.94 x 8 inch (W x D x H)
- Stylish clear acrylic exterior
- Light weight and sturdy aluminum construction
- Ventilated side panels for efficient air flow
- Ball bearing high CFM low noise cooling fans
- 220W 110/220 power supply
- LED indicators for each storage device, RAID status, host connection and power
- Install up to four 3.5" SATA hard drives of any capacity (drives not included).
- Drives are installed onto drive enclosures that can be added or removed like tape cartridge from each drive bay.
- Connect to system via USB 2.0 or eSATA port (connecting cables included).
- Drives can be configured as FAST2 (2 drive RAID 0 Striping),, SAFE2 (RAID1 Mirroring), SAFE FAST (RAID 1+0 Mirrored Stripped), BIG 2 (2 drives Concatenation), FAST4 (4 drive RAID 0 Striping), BIG 4(4 drives Concatenation), RAID 1+0, RAID 5 over 4 drives, or RAID 5+S.
- RAID setting via a rotary switch on the back.
- OS independent, can be used on any system.
- RAID diagnostic via LED lights.
- Can install 3.5" IDE hard drive using optional Diamond IDE drive enclosure. 2.5" SATA or IDE hard drives can also be install with optional bracket and connector adapter.