Built on the same platform as the Pocket UDD, the Cipher UDD offers the same interface flexibility via either USB 2.0 or eSATA port by attaching the appropriate Addonics USIB interface cables. Since the encryption and decryption do not require any special software, the Cipher UDD can be used in practically any system that has an eSATA port or USB port, providing excellent portability and convenience while ensuring data security to your Flash media.
- Hardware based 64-bit DES, 128-bit or 192-bit TDES full disk encryption
- High performance - Data is encrypted and decrypted on the fly by a certified cryptographic engine inside an ASIC without taking any CPU resources
- Encryption / Decryption via a hardware key, just like using a regular key to open a door.
To enable the encryption and access the drive, simply insert the Cipher key into the keyhole of the Jupiter Cipher enclosure prior to turn on the power.
- Simple to deploy with no training required, no software to install and no password to remember
- Platform independency - There is no software or driver to install to use Addonics encryption products. As a result, it can be deployed in any systems running any OS. This is important in organization with multi platform computing and legacy systems.
- USB 2.0, USB 1.1, or eSATA compliant
- Power directly from USB port or optional AC/DC power adapter
- Read and write to PCMCIA hard drive, ATA Flash.
- Read / Write to CF-I, CF-II via Addonics optional CF DigiAdapter.
- Read / Write Smart Memory, Memory Stick, MicroDrive, Multimedia Card, Secure Digital Card via Addonics Cipher UDD 4-in-1 DigiAdapter
- Up to 480 Mbits/sec (60 MB/sec) data transfer for USB 2.0
- Up to 150 Mbits/sec (150 MB/sec) data transfer for eSATA
- USB version works under Windows 98SE, 2000, Me, XP, 2003 server, Linux Kernel 2.4 and above, Mac OS X and above, Solaris 9 or above.
- Serial ATA version works under DOS, Windows 98SE, Me, 2000, XP, 2003 server, Mac OS X and above, Linux Kernel 2.4 and above, Solaris 9 and above
* Access of XD Card requires optional CF adapter from Fuji or Olympus.
(1) Serial ATA hot swap feature works only with controllers basing on Silicon Image chip set from our inhouse testing. Other controllers that are not Silicon Image based may not support hot swap. You may consider adding one of the Addonics Serial ATA host controllers to your systems to ensure the hot swap capability. New controllers from Intel and other suppliers may finally support this feature. Please verify with your controller manufacturer if you need to have hot swap in your application. Hot swap is supported in Windows 2000 and XP only. On other OS, drive can be removed without crashing system. But replacing with a different drive can result in crashing the OS.
||USB 2.0 or eSATA
|Type of slot:
||I/II PCMCIA Card socket
|Number of slots
||ATA Flash, PCMCIA hard drive
CF-I, CF-II and MD using Addonics optional CF DigiAdapter (ADCFPCMCIA)
SD, SM, MS, MMC using Addonics optional Cipher UDD 4-in-1 DigiAdapter (ADCUDD4IN1)
* Ultra CF or Flash media with multi-mode DMA are not supported at this time
|Maximum data transfer rate:
(varies depending on computer hardware and type of media)
480 Mbits/sec (60 MB/sec) with USB 2.0
12 Mbits/sec with USB 1.1
1500 Mbits/sec (150 MB/sec) with eSATA
||USB 2.0 /1.1
||Windows 98SE, 2000, Me, XP, 2003 server, Linux Kernel 2.4 and above, Mac OS X and above, Solaris 9 or above.
||DOS, Windows 98SE, Me, 2000, XP, 2003 server, Mac OS X and above, Linux Kernel 2.4 and above, Solaris 9 and above
||4.63 in (W) x 5.4 in (D) x .95in (H)
||Direct from USB
Optional AC/DC power adapter
||8 oz (approx.) without cable
||-20 C to + 60 C
||5 - 90%
* maximum data transfer rate depends on type of media. Due to large number of flash memory types and suppliers, actual data transfer rate may also vary from brand to brand.
At the present moment, there is an incompatibility problem with following media: ATA flash with Ricoh or Hitachi controller chip, Viking ATA Flash, Olympus 32 MB XD, Fujitsu HDD Model 8340PA. and Viper 8340PA
- Pentium 200 Mhz or faster
- Minimum RAM 32 MB
- Minimum free hard disk space 10 MB
- One free USB 2.0, USB 1.1, or eSATA port
- One of the following Operating Systems: Windows 98SE, 2000, Me, XP, 2003 server, Linux Kernel 2.4 and above, Mac OS X and above, Solaris 9 or above.