***Please Note: It is required that the Unit be connected to a Port Multiplier compatible eSATA Host Controller for the System to see all drives. It is assumed that the driver for the eSATA Host Cotroller is correctly installed.***
- Install up to eight 3.5" SATA hard drives of any capacity (drives not included).
- 3.5" SATA Drives are added or removed via a removable drive tray like a tape cartridge
- Connect to system via two USB 2.0 or two eSATA ports (connecting cables included).
- Drives can be configured in two 4-drive RAID groups. Each RAID group can be configured as FAST2 (2 drive RAID 0 Striping),, SAFE2 (RAID1 Mirroring), SAFE FAST (RAID 1+0 Mirrored Stripped), BIG 2 (2 drives Concatenation), FAST4 (4 drive RAID 0 Striping), BIG 4(4 drives Concatenation), RAID 1+0, RAID 5 over 4 drives, or RAID 5+S.
- RAID setting via a rotary switch on the back.
- OS independent, can be used on any system.
- RAID diagnostic via LED lights.
Components list made up this model:
Storage Tower V (ST5), 2 units 4X1 eSATA/USB Hardware PM Enclosure Version (AD4SR5HPMU-E), 1 Disk Array 5SA (AE5RCS35NSA), 1 Disk Array 3SA (AE3RCS35NSA), two 3-foot eSATA cables (AAESATA100C), Two 6-foot USB cables (AAUSBAB6F)
All is needed is to add the hard drive of your choice to create your own powerful external RAID storage.
The RAID Tower V is built basing on the Storage Tower platform that features five 5.25" drive bays in a lightweight and compact chassis with a stylish and functional front bezel. Depending on the model, up to eight 3.5" hard drives can be installed into the RAID Tower V. The drives can be configured as a RAID set and be connected to the computer via the high speed eSATA or USB connection. Each model comes with everything needed for connecting to the computer. All is needed is to add your own hard drives and configure the RAID via either a simple on board rotary switch or onboard jumpers/software utility depending on the model of the RAID Tower.
RAID Tower V basic specification
- Great for variety of storage applications - external RAID storage, Video storage, Server storage
- Sturdy and attractive black metal frame construction
- Compact size - 7.5 x 16 x 10.4 inches
- Sturdy metal frame construction
- Ball bearing high CFM low noise cooling fans
- 320 watts 110/240V AC power supply
- LED indicators for each storage device, RAID status, host connection and power