Linksys E3000High Performance Wireless-N Router
Introducing the Linksys E3000
The Linksys E3000 is a powerful dual-band Wireless-N router optimized for wireless entertainment. Connect your Blu-ray players, DVRs, and gaming consoles, and enjoy the smoother and faster HD video streaming and wireless gaming performance that simultaneous dual-band technology enables. A built-in USB port and UPnP AV media server let you share files over your network, as well as stream media content to an Xbox 360, PS3, or other compatible device. Plus, included Cisco Connect software gets you set up in a few simple steps and offers powerful tools for managing your wireless network.
The Linksys E3000 has double the bandwidth for smoother and faster HD video streaming, file transfers, and gaming. Connect other computers and devices to the Internet and each other at N speeds in both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. Simultaneous wireless bands help you avoid network interference. Use the 2.4 GHz band for surfing and emails and the less crowded 5 GHz band for time-critical entertainment.
Built for Entertainment
Simultaneous dual-band wireless-N technology means smoother HD video streaming and faster gaming. A built-in USB port and UPnP AV media server let you share files over your network, as well as stream music, video, and photos to an Xbox 360, PS3, or other compatible device. Four Gigabit Ethernet ports enable faster file transfers with other Gigabit devices. The Linksys E3000 is an optimal choice for enjoying wireless entertainment at home.
Quick to Install
Cisco Connect software, included with the Linksys E3000, gets your wireless network set up and ready to go in just a few simple steps. Insert the Linksys E3000 CD, run through a few screens, and you're ready to go within minutes. You'll quickly be sharing your home's Internet connection with your family's other computers and devices and experiencing the incredible performance of wireless-N. You can also easily access Advanced Settings to customize your preferences.
You're in Control
Cisco Connect software helps you personalize your settings and quickly add multiple Internet-enabled devices to your network. Use Parental Controls to restrict web usage during certain times and to block unwanted sites; plus customize these Parental Controls by device. Cisco Connect also lets you quickly and easily give password-protected Internet access to visitors while keeping your family's personal information private. With Cisco Connect, you're in control.
Keep Wi-Fi freeloaders and Internet threats at bay with customizable security settings. All Linksys E-Series routers have advanced WPA/WPA2 wireless security and SPI firewall protection, which are designed to safeguard your home network and computers from most Internet attacks and help protect your data and privacy. Advanced users can access the browser-based utility to further configure the router's security settings.
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 6, Safari 3, or Firefox 2 for Optional Browser Based Configuration
- PC: Wireless Network-Enabled PC with CD or DVD Drive, Running Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1, or Windows 7
- Mac: Wireless Network-Enabled Mac with CD or DVD Drive, Running OS X Tiger 10.4.11, Leopard 10.5.8, or Snow Leopard 10.6.1
Maximum performance derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual performance can vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, range and coverage. Performance depends on many factors, conditions and variables, including distance from the access point, volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, operating system used, mix of wireless products used, interference and other adverse conditions.
- Enjoy the power of high-performance Wireless-N technologyoptimized for wireless entertainment
- Connect your computers, gaming consoles, Internet-enabled HDTVs and Blu-Ray players, and other wireless devices at up to 300 Mbps of transfer speeds
- Enjoy the benefits of simultaneous dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), including smoother HD video streaming, wireless gaming and file transfers
- Share your files at home or on the Internet by connecting a storage device to the Linksys E3000's built-in USB port
- Stream video and media content via a built-in UPnP AV media server to an Xbox 360, PS3 or other compatible device
- Use four Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 Mbps) ports for faster file sharing with other Gigabit-enabled devices, including computers, hard drives, and servers
- Set up your wireless network in a few simple steps using included Cisco Connect software
- Keep wireless freeloaders and Internet threats at bay with customizable security settings, including WPA/WPA2 Personal and SPI firewall protection
- Give visitors password-protected Internet access on a separate networkso your visitors have access to the Internet, but not your computers or data
- Use Cisco Connect's Parental Controls to block specific websites and restrict Internet access during certain hours
- Customize your network using easily accessible Advanced Settings
Model Name - Linksys E3000
Description - High Performance Wireless-N Router
Model Number - E3000
Number of Antennas - 6 Total, 3 Internal Antennas per Each 2.4GHz and 5 GHz Radio Band
Detachable - (Yes/No) No
- 802.11b: CCK, QPSK, BPSK
- 802.11g: OFDM
- 802.11a: OFDM
- 802.11n: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM
- 2.4 GHz
- 11 Mbps: -87 dBm @ Typical
- 54 Mbps: -77 dBm @ Typical
- MCS15 (20MHz): -71 dBm @ Typical
- MCS15 (40MHz): -68 dBm @ Typical
- 5 GHz
- 54 Mbps: -74 dBm @ Typical
- MCS15 (20 MHz): -68 dBm @ Typical
- MCS15 (40 MHz): -65 dBm @ Typical
Antenna Gain in dBi
- 2.4 GHz: RIFA 1 and RIFA 2 and RIFA 3 <=
- 4 dBi (Typical)
- 5 GHz: RIFA 1 and RIFA 2 and RIFA 3 <=
- 3.5 dBi (Typical)
UPnP - Supported
Security Features - WEP, WPA, WPA2
Security Key Bits - Up to 128-Bit Encryption