The Full HD video captured with the DSC-TX10 can be used with the provided Picture Motion Browser software1 for PC and iMovie (sold separately) for Mac systems.
3 Touch screen
A large 3 touch screen LCD makes it easy for viewing and sharing images with simple and fun touch operation.
3D still image and panorama
Produce awe-inspiring images with 3D still image and 3D Sweep Panorama capabilities. Images will take on a new dimension to view the world in a whole new way.5
Superior Auto mode
Get cleaner, more dynamic pictures and fewer missed shots. The camera automatically recognizes the correct scene mode, then quickly shoots and combines up to six shots to produce images with greater clarity, optimum dynamic range using backlight correction HDR technology and lower image noise using 6 shots layering technology. Superior Auto intelligently detects 36 scenes for still images and movies, making it easy to get the best shot.
High speed shooting
The DSC-TX10 can capture full 16.2 megapixel resolution images at up to 10 frames per second, helping to ensure that the decisive moment is captured such as the soccer ball flying into the goal. In addition, the DSC-TX10 employs a mechanical shutter that helps reduce distortion when continuously shooting moving subjects.
Smile Shutter technology
Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply press the Smile Shutter button and the camera does the rest. Also select adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection sensitivity. Intelligent Scene Recognition can be used together with Smile Shutter mode. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and backlighting.
Its frustrating to capture the perfect shot, only to review it later and discover subjects blinked during the photo. When the camera is set to Soft Snap, the Anti-blink function captures two images, recording only the photo with less squinting or blinking. If a blink is detected in other shooting modes, a warning will be displayed after you take the shot.
Backlight Correction HDR
Shooting high-contrast scenes can often lead to washed out backgrounds and/or details lost in shadow. Backlight Correction HDR helps correct for this by taking three pictures at different exposure settings and processing the best elements of all three into a single image for more natural looking shots.
Includes Sony PMB (Picture Motion Browser) Software ver. 5.5
Sony Picture Motion Browser software offers a simple, intuitive way to transfer, sort, and view your video and still images on your compatible PC. In addition, multiple output options let you burn your memories to DVD using an external DVD burning device (sold separately), as well as take advantage of one click upload to a number of popular video and photo sharing sites (such as Facebook and Sonys Personal Space site).
16.2 Megapixel Back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS Image Sensor
The DSC-TX10 features a 16.2 megapixel Exmor R CMOS image sensor that brings out the full resolving power of the cameras Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens to deliver extremely fast speed, high resolution, and stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain. In addition, the combined Exmor R CMOS sensor and BIONZ image processor delivers extremely fast up to 10fps, Anti Motion Blur, Hand-held Twilight and 1080i movie modes.7
High resolution iSweep Panorama mode
With high resolution iSweep Panorama mode just press the shutter, pan the landscape and let the camera do the rest. It automatically links together each frame to produce a high resolution panoramic image providing the ability to zoom in on small details. This model even detects faces and moving subjects to stitch intelligently different widths to help avoid subject distortion.
Soft Skin mode
Portrait subjects will love the results. Soft Skin mode recognizes skin tones and reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles without affecting the rest of the shot.
Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens with 25mm equivalent wide angle 4x Optical Zoom
The high-performance Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 4x optical zoom lens brings distant subjects closer for video recording as well as for outdoor, sports, and travel photos, and Close Focus shoots close-ups within a of the subject. A 25mm equivalent wide-angle lens allows you to take wider shots of the scene or group in crowded spaces.
Face Detection technology
Sonys Face Detection technology can automatically distinguish between children and adults. Face Detection technology detects up to eight individual faces and adjusts flash, focus, exposure, and white balance to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
Sweep Multi Angle mode
In Sweep Multi Angle mode, the camera takes 15 images at different angles as it sweeps across the scene. By tilting the camera during playback, the cameras Gyro Sensor detects motion and displays the image in a 3D-like view on the cameras LCD.
TransferJet technology, developed by Sony and advanced and promoted by a consortium of 18 other companies, allows the transfer of up to ten files between two TransferJet enabled devices just by touching their TransferJet logos together, without the hassle of hunting for cables or the complication of pairing.6
Includes Sony PMB Portable software
With the pre-installed Picture Motion Browser (PMB) Portable 5.5 software the DSC-TX10 makes it easy to pre-select videos and images in the camera and conveniently upload them from the camera to a compatible PC and popular Internet sharing sites without the need for any additional software or install.2
- Self-timer : Off / 10sec. / 2sec. / portrait1 / portrait2
- Shutter Speeds : iAuto (2" - 1/1,600) / Program Auto (1" - 1/1,600)
- Burst Mode : Approx 10 fps at 16.2MP (Maximum 10 shots)
- AF Modes : 9 points AF (Under Face Undetected) / Center Weighted AF / Spot AF/ Flexible Spot AF (touch)
- AF Illuminator : Auto / Off
- Anti Motion Blur : Yes
- Embedded GPS : No
- Sweep Panorama : Intelligent Sweep Panorama / 3D Sweep Panorama / Sweep Multi Angle / Underwater Sweep Panorama
- Face Detection : 8 Faces (Auto / Touch - Selected Face Memory / Child Priority / Adult Priority/ Off)
- Smile Shutter technology : Yes
- Image Stabilization : Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- In-Camera Editing : Trimming / Red Eye Correction / Unsharp Masking
- Intelligent Auto : Yes
- Shooting Tips : Yes
- Background Defocus : Yes
- Waterproof : Yes (IPX8 5.0m 60min)
- Dustproof : Yes (IP5X)
- Freezeproof : Yes (14 - 104 F)
- Shockproof : Yes (1.5m MIL-STD810F Method 516.5-Shock)
- Superior Auto : Yes
- Tracking Focus : Off / Auto
- Blink Detection : Yes
- Flash Modes : Auto / On / Slow Syncro / Off
- Flash Coverage : ISO Auto: Approx. 0.08m-Approx. 3.7m (Approx. 0.26'-Approx. 12.13') (W) / Approx. 0.5m-Approx. 2.7m (Approx. 1.64'-Approx. 8.85') (T), ISO3200: up to Approx. 5.2m (Approx. 17.0) (W) / Approx. 3.8m (Approx. 12.4') (T)
- Media Type : optional Memory Stick Duo (No movie recording), optional Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2 only for movie recording), optional Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, optional SD Memory Card (Class 4 or higher), optional SDHC Memory Card (Class 4 or higher), optional SDXC Memory Card (Class 4 or higher)
- Still Image Mode : JPEG
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution : Approx. 16.2 Megapixels
- Still Image Size 16:9 : 12M (4,608 x 2,592) / 2M (1,920 x 1,080)
- Still Image Size 3:2 : No
- Still Image Size 4:3 : 16M (4,608 x 3,456), 10M (3,648 x 2,736), 5M (2,592 x 1,944), VGA (640 x 480), 3D: 16M (4,608 x 3,456) / 16:9 (12M) (4,608 x 2,592)
- Panorama Still Image Size : 2D: 7,152 x 1,080 (238deg) / 4,912 x 1,080 (163deg) / 4,912 x 1,920 (172deg) / 3,424 x 1,920 (120deg), 3D: 7,152 x 1,080 (238deg) / 4,912 x 1,080 (163deg) / 4,912 x 1,920 (172deg) / 3,424 x 1,920 (120deg) / 1,920 x 1,080 (64deg)
- Sweep Multi Angle Image Size : 1,920 x 1,080 (15views)
- Video Format : AVCHD / MP4 / MPEG-4 AVC(H.264)
- Video Mode : 1,920 X1,080 (FX) Approx 24Mbps Approx 60fps interlace 1,920 X1,080 (FH) Approx 17Mbps Approx 60fps interlace 1,440 X1,080 (HQ) Approx 9Mbps Approx 60fps interlace 1,440 x 1,080 Approx 12Mbps Approx 30fps, Progressive 1,280 x 720 Approx 6Mbps Approx 30fps, Progressive 640 x 480 (VGA) Approx 3Mbps Approx 30fps, Progressive
- Photo Capture from Movie : No
- Dual Record : Yes
- Audio Format : Dolby Digital (AC-3) / MPEG-4 AAC-LC
- Microphone/Speaker : Stereo / Mono
- Memory Card Slot : MS Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC Compatible
- SD Output : Yes
- HD Output : HDMI
- USB Port(s) : Yes - Multi Use Terminal
- Party Shot Compatible : No
- TransferJet : Send: Yes (Single / Select , U2 Version ), Receive: Yes (U2 Version)
- PictBridge Compatible : No