Save and access data at top speeds with the lightning fast FireWire 800 interface. Also features USB 2.0 for maximum flexibility.
Heat-dissipating, aluminum enclosure.
Encased in a streamlined aluminum enclosure that remains cool to the touch, this drive complements your Mac and as always, takes up minimal space on your desk. The book-like design allows two or more My Book drives to nestle neatly together like volumes on a shelf.
Gain peace of mind knowing that your data is protected from unauthorized access or theft with password protection and -bit hardware-based encryption. (Requires WD SmartWare software.)
Sleek aluminum enclosure complements your Mac.
The premium, aluminum enclosure matches your Mac and remains cool to the touch even as the drive delivers blisteringly fast performance.
The drive is designed to run cool without a fan. Lower operating temperatures extend the life of the drive and improve data reliability, while the fan-less design reduces noise output.
My Book external drives are designed to save energy. WD GreenPower Technology lowers internal drive power consumption by up to 30%, a sleep mode reduces power during idle times, and a power-saving feature turns the drive on and off with your computer.
Designed for the Mac professional.
Formatted for Mac, this drive is plug-and-play ready for Mac computer users. It's ideal for videographers, photographers, video editors and other graphic professionals.
Formatted HFS+ Journaled.
Works out of the box with your Mac OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard system. Can easily be reformatted to work with Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Optional WD SmartWare backup software.
Visual backup software and drive management control center. Install all components, some or none. It's up to you.
Your data is not just data, it's your family photos, your financial documents, your music - your life. You know you should back it up, but many of you don't. We understand. We've talked to lots of people and we've heard the reasons why people don't back up - there's no time; it's a pain; their data's not organized; they don't know how. Using what we've learned, we developed easy, automatic backup software we hope you'll really use because we understand the importance of your data.
You're up and running in a few simple steps. Once you set it up, you can forget it because the rest is automatic.
It finds your data.
- A unique visual interface lets you see the WD drives connected to
- WD SmartWare automatically scans your computer and finds all of your personal files, including e-mail.
- Select the files and folders that you want backed up or back up your files by category. It's up to you.
- The backup gauges show how much information you have to be backed up in each category. You can even mouse over a category to see a
- Simply click "Start Backup" and WD SmartWare will automatically start backing up your files.
- As your backup is running the category gauges will change color showing you the backup as it happens.
- When finished, you'll see a status screen and information about your backup. You only have to do this once. After the first backup, your files will be backed up automatically every time you change or add a file.
It's always on the job.
WD SmartWare is always watching your computer, so when you change a file and save it, create new files, add new pictures, movies, or songs, WD SmartWare will instantly back them up.
It's easy to bring back lost files.
* Restore all of the files you’ve backed up or select a particular file or folder. Use the search function to easily find a lost file.
* Set the number of versions you want to save so you can go back in time to retrieve an older version of a file.
WD SmartWare software is also a control center for your WD external drives. From it you can: