Force Series™ 3 240GB SATA 3 6Gb/s Solid-State Hard Drive
Great for the latest high-performance PCs.
There's fast, and then there's fast. Force Series 3 SSDs have even quicker read and write times when they're installed in PCs that use the latest SATA 3 6Gb/s interface.
Step Up To Solid-State Speed with Force Series 3
One of the best PC performance investments you can make.
You'll be amazed at the improvement over traditional hard drive access times the first time you turn on your computer, and for virtually everything you do with your PC. System startup, application load times, data transfers, and even shutdown times are all faster.
Your system will be more responsive, and you'll be more productive.
Add up all the time you spend all day waiting for your computer starting up, loading game levels, saving large files and documents and it can be significant. Using a PC can be a lot more enjoyable when it's not always making you wait.
The power of SATA 3 6Gb/second performance
Great for the latest high-performance PCs.
There's fast, and then there's fast. Force Series 3 SSDs have even quicker read and write times when they're installed in PCs that use the latest SATA 3 interface.
Compatible with SATA 2 3Gb/s.
Haven't yet moved to SATA 3? Like all Corsair components, Force Series 3 SSDs are designed to last through several system upgrades. Adding a Force Series 3 today means that you'll still get incredible storage performance now, and your SSD will be ready for your next upgrade.
Get more for less
The cost-effective SATA 3 SSD solution.
Choosing a Force Series 3 SSD helps your computing budget go farther. They deliver outstanding SATA 3 6Gb/s performance, with prices that are comparable to lower-performance SATA 2 3Gb/s solid-state drives.
Corsair SSDs: Designed for Performance and Durability
Force Series 3 SSDs feature support for the Windows® 7 TRIM command. This allows them to store only the data they need and perform memory optimization to ensure the fastest possible write speeds.
Because SSDs have no moving parts, they can handle shock, vibration and temperature changes far in excess of traditional hard drives. That's important for desktop PCs, and essential for notebooks.
Cool and Quiet, with Low Power Consumption
Traditional mechanical hard drives spin at thousands of revolutions per minute. This takes power, and generates noise and heat. Since SSDs have no moving parts, there's no noise or vibration, and the lower power consumption helps keep things cool inside your PC.
The 2.5" form factor allows for installation in most notebook PCs with no adapter required. If you're adding a Force Series 3 SSD to your desktop PC, use the included 3.5" adapter to mount it in any standard hard drive bay.
Contents and Specifications
- Force Series 3 solid-state drive
- 3.5" adapter for desktop PCs
- Interface: SATA 3 6Gb/s
- Storage technology: Asynchronous NAND
- Operating temperature: 0° C to +70° C
- Storage temperature: -20° C to +85° C
- Operating Humidity: 10% to 90% RH (0° to +40° C)
- Maximum Operating Altitude: 3,048 m (up to 10,000 ft.)
- Maximum Non-Operative Altitude: 12,192 m (up to 40,000 ft.)
- SATA 3 6Gb/s
- Backward compatible with SATA II and SATA I
- Microsoft® Windows® 7, Vista®, and XP; Macintosh OS X; Linux
- 2.5" or 3.5" hard drive bay
- Warranty - Three years
- SSD Unformatted Capacity - 240 GB
- Max Sequential Read/Write (using ATTO Disk Benchmark) - 550 MB/s sequential read — 520 MB/s sequential write
- Max Random 4k Write (using IOMeter 08) - 85k IOPS (4k aligned)
- Interface - SATA 6Gb/s
- Technology - Asynchronous NAND
- Form Factor - 2.5 inch
- DRAM Cache Memory —
- Weight - 80g
- Voltage - 5V ±5%
- Power Consumption (active) - 2.0W Max
- Power Consumption (idle/standby/sleep) - 0.5W Max
- S.M.A.R.T. Support - Yes
- Shock - 1500 G
- MTBF - 1,000,000 hours
- Unformatted Capacity - 240 GB
- Read Performance (max) - 550 MB/s
- Write Performance (max) - 520 MB/s
- Random 4k Write (max) - 85,000 IOPS (4k aligned)
- Form Factor - 2.5
- Interface Type - SATA 3 6Gb/s
- Onboard cache - NA
- Operating Temperature - 0C to +70C
- Storage Temperature - -20C to +85C
- Operating Humidity - 10% to 90% RH (0 to +40 C)
- Storage Humidity - 5% to 90% RH (-10 to +60 C)
- Maximum Operating Altitude - 3,048 m (up to 10,000 ft.)
- Maximum Non-Operating Altitude - 12,192 m (up to 40,000 ft.)