***Please Note: It is required that the Unit be connected to a Port Multiplier compatible eSATA Host Controller for the System to see all drives. It is assumed that the driver for the eSATA Host Cotroller is correctly installed.***
The 5-port HPM-XU is one of the most advanced Port Multipliers in the market. Built on the exact same platform as the HPM-XA, this new port multiplier comes built-in with eSATA and the lastest USB 3.0 interface. Using the 5-Port HPM-XU, you can connect as many as five SATA hard drives to any system via just a single eSATA or USB cable. The five hard drives can be set up to appear as five individual drives, just like connecting through a USB hub, or appear as a single RAID volume. You can also connect five SATA optical drives such as DVD-RRW or Blu-Ray drives to your system and do simultaneous data copying with this HPM.
RAID configuration can be set via a set of onboard dip switches or the included software utility. The drive and HPM status can be visually monitored by attaching LEDs to the onboard LED signal pin headers or via the bundled monitoring software. Any drive failure or RAID error can be notified via audible alert from the on board buzzer and email to an SMTP account. The 5-Port HPM XU is designed to fit perfectly into the Addonics family of Storage Tower, Storage Rack and many standard multi-bay enclosures with a standard SCSI-1 connector cut out.
For more detail information on Port Multiplier technology, please review the following URL link:
5 Port HPM-XU Diagram
Illustration of Addonics Storage Tower equipped with the 5-Port HPM-XU is connected to Desktop
or Notebook system via eSATA, USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
The 5-Port HPM-XU can be installed onto a standard PCI slot with optional PCI Converter Bracket (PCISCBKT), allowing any desktop PC case to be used as an external hard drive storage enclosure
- Connect up to five SATA hard drives or optical drives to any system via any eSATA port or USB 3.0 / 2.0 port
- Support SATA I / II / III hard drive
- RAID configuration in two ways
- via onboard dip switches for simple deployment independent of OS.. View detailed dip switch configuration diagram
- via software utility for Windows OS only
- Integrated hardware RAID controller to maximize performance
- Compatible with Compact Flash or Micro Drive using Addonics SATA CF adapters (ADSAHDCF or ADSACF)
- Compatible with SATA optical drives - support simultaneous DVD writing*
- RAID volume can be used as a boot drive or as additional storage
- Multiple units can be daisy chained
- Designed to fit Addonics Storage Tower, Mini Storage Tower, Storage Rack or any multi-bay drive enclosure with SCSI-1 (Centronic 50-pin) back panel
- Supports RAID0 (Striping), RAID1 (Mirroring), RAID3, RAID5 (Parity), RAID10 (Mirrored Striped), JBOD (Concatenation), Clone Mode (N-Way Mirror) using built-in hardware RAID.
- Supports individual drive mode via eSATA* or USB connection
- Clone mode - clone's action is similar to RAID 1, except all the hard drives connected will be mirrored. Clone mode is especially useful when users would like to copy data form a hard drive to several hard drives at the same time.
- Software utility (only for Windows OS) to monitor RAID status and setting up email notification.
- Supports hot swap when attached to USB port or eSATA port that supports this feature.
- Drive activity LED and Error LED for Host and 5 SATA devices
- OS Support: Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, Mac OS X and above, Linux kernel 2.6 and above
* Independent drive configuration and optical drive are supported only when connecting to controllers with Silicon Image Sil3124, Sil3132 chip set or controllers that are PM compatible. Simultaneous DVD writing was tested using the Nero Burning Rom
- Five internal SATA ports for SATA I, II or III storage devices
- Connection to host: eSATA, USB 3.0/2.0
- Drive activity LED and Error LED for Host port and 5 SATA devices
- Auto-negotiation support for 1.5Gbps and 3.0Gbps SATA
- Compliant with SATA I/II specification
- Support SATA optical devices
- PM Chipset : JMicron JMB393
- Support 48-bit LBA addressing
- Supports Hot-swapping
- Supports NCQ (Native Command Queuing)
- OS support: Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, Mac OS X and above, Linux kernel 2.4 and above, Mac OS X 10.4.x
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) - 3.4 x 2.2 x .9 in. (85mm x 55mm x 23mm)
- Weight: 48g
- Operating temperature range: 0 C to +70 C
- Operating humidity range: 5% to 90%
- Storage temperature range: -40 C to +85 C
- Storage humidity range: 5% - 95% (non condensing)
- 1 year warranty