SanDisk is proud to announce our newest format to the SD memory card family: Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) available in 4GB , 8GB and 16GB capacities.Memory card is rated Class 2 for speed and performance based on SD 2.0 specifications.
The SDHC memory card is a highly secure stamp-sized flash memory card, which can be used in a variety of digital products: digital music players, cellular phones, handheld PCs (HPCs), digital cameras, digital video camcorders, smart phones, car navigation systems and electronic books, that follows the SD 2.00 specifications. The SDHC card has a security feature for protection of copyrighted data.
What is SDHC?
To support higher capacity needs, SD cards now require a different design. The new SD 2.0 specifications - which supports 4GB and up - is called Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC). The SD Association has created and defined 3 speed classes to help you identify speed and performance capabilities/minimum requirements of SDHC cards and their SDHC host products. Details on the SD 2.0 specification: http://www.sdcard.org or uk.SanDisk.com/SDHC
Cards address data (read and write) at numerous speeds. Many factors impede this performance. SDHC guarantees a minimum read and write speed necessary to record high-quality video and audio. The maximum card speed may vary, but you can always depend on SDHC cards to meet your SDHC host product''s high quality performance requirements.
SDHC Compatibility Information
Because SDHC works differently (supports the new higher capacity cards) this new card format is not backwards compatible with legacy SD format host devices.
- Capacities available: 4GB, 8GB and 16GB
- Speed performance rating: Class 2 (based on SD 2.00 Specification)
- Supports SDHC compatible host devices
- Non-volatile solid-state; no moving parts maximises battery power. Data is not lost when power is turned off
- Low battery consumption to maximise battery life in small portable devices
- User selectable mechanical write protect switch on the exterior card casing
- Operating shock rating of 2,000Gs, equivalent to a 10-foot drop to the floor
- Security level complies with both current and future Secure Digital Music Initiative (SDMI) portable device requirements