The Addonics NAS Adapter is a convenient and economical solution for adding any USB storage devices onto your LAN (Local Area Network). Once on the network, the USB storage can be shared by any network user, just like an ordinary NAS device. When use in conjunction with Addonics Storage Towers or Storage Racks, a Multi-Tera bytes storage with various RAID capabilities can be instantly added to the LAN. With the NAS adapter, you can custom build you own NAS appliance with RAID capability and plenty of storage expansion using Addonics family of Drive Enclosures, Port Multipliers, and IO converters.
Come built-in with a USB 2.0/1.1 connection and a fast Ethernet 10/100Mbps connection, the NAS adapter supports both SMB (Server Message Block) and the open source Samba network protocols, allowing for cross-platform access of all shared data for most versions of Windows, Mac OS X, and various Linux distributions. For remote users who are not connected over the LAN, the NAS Adapter provides FTP access for up to 8 simultaneous users anywhere in the world with an internet connection. In addition, the NAS adapter can also be used as a print server or as a Bit-Torrent downloading appliance.
- Convert any USB 2.0 / 1.1 mass storage device into a Network Attached Storage device
- Great for adding Addonics Storage Tower, Storage Rack or any Addonics USB storage device onto the network
- Great for creating a custom Network Attached Storage appliance.
- USB port can be used to power most 2.5" USB hard drives or any low powered USB storage device.
- Support Fast Ethernet 10/100Mbps.
- Simple to install
- Small and light weight. Size slightly longer than a C size battery. Can be installed practically anywhere
- Can be set as DHCP server or client.
- Support Samba server for up to 64 concurrent clients.
- Support FTP server for up to 8 concurrent users.
- Can be set as a print server to attach any USB printer to the network
- Built-in Bit Torrent client for direct download to the attached USB storage device
- Can be set as a UPnP AV server to share photo/music files stored on the file server with XBOX 360 video game consoles connected to the LAN
- User management to allow read only or read/write access to folders
- Administrative management access via web browser with password security.
- Compatible with all Windows OS, Mac OS (10.5.x and earlier), Linux 2.6.x and above
- 1 USB-A connector
- USB 2.0 / 1.1 specification
- USB power up to 1.5A at 5V
- 1 RJ45 socket for 10/100Mbps Ethernet connection
- File system support: FAT32 *
Suppor maximum 2TB partition. Maximum file size up to 127GB when read/write from the NAS adapter.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): (70 x 32 x 24) mm or (2.75 x 1.25 x .94) in.
- Weight: 45g (1.6 Oz)
- Operation Temperature: 0 C ~ 70 C
- Operation Humidity: 10 ~ 90 %RH
- Storage Temperature: -20 C ~ 70 C
- Storage Humidity: 5~ 95 %RH
- Power consumption: 200mA @ 5V
* USB storage device must be initialized and formatted with the NAS adapter before appearing on the network. Be sure to make a backup of any existing data on the USB storage prior to formatting by the NAS adapter.