The ALC1220 is a high-performance multi-channel High Definition Audio Codec with up to 120dB SNR for crystal clear audio and features such as Smart Headphone Amp, 108dB SNR recording for precise voice chats and hardware decoding of DSD128, ensuring users get the best possible audio quality from their PC.
Smart Headphone Amp
Automatically detects impedance of your head-worn audio device, whether earbuds or high-end headphones to provide optimal audio dynamics-preventing issues such as low volume and distortion.
High-End Audio Capacitors
GIGABYTE motherboards use high-end Chemicon audio capacitors. These high quality capacitors help deliver high resolution and high fidelity audio to provide the most realistic sound effects for gamers.
Intel GbE LAN with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Software
Intel Gigabit LAN features cFosSpeed, a network traffic management application which helps to improve network latency and maintain low ping times to deliver better responsiveness in crowded LAN environments.
Fast Onboard Storage with NVMe
PCIe Gen3 x4 110mm M.2 (Up to 32 Gb/s)
GIGABYTE M.2 solution offers considerably faster storage performance and support for both PCIe and SATA interfaces for M.2 SSD devices.
2-Way SLI / 3-Way CrossFire Multi Graphics
Multi-graphics configuration offers better graphics performance for
gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without
compromising on resolution.
(Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.)
- Support for 7th and 6th generation Intel Core i7 processors/Intel Core i5 processors/Intel Core i3 processors/Intel Pentium processors/Intel Celeron processors in the LGA1151 package
- L3 cache varies with CPU
- Intel Z270 Express Chipset
(Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.)
- 4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 64 GB of system memory
* Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4
GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed
will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR4 3866(O.C.) / 3800(O.C.) / 3733(O.C.) / 3666(O.C.) /
3600(O.C.) / 3466(O.C.) / 3400(O.C.) / 3333(O.C.) / 3300(O.C.) /
3200(O.C.) / 3000(O.C.) / 2800(O.C.) / 2666(O.C.) / 2400(O.C.) / 2133
MHz memory modules
- Support for ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
- Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
- Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
|Onboard Graphics||Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel HD Graphics support:
Maximum shared memory of 1 GB
- 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24 Hz
* Support for HDMI 1.4 version.
- Realtek ALC1220 codec
- High Definition Audio
- Support for S/PDIF Out
- Intel GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
* The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the
PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot operates at up to x8 mode.
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
- 3 x PCI Express x1 slots
(All of the PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
- Support for NVIDIA Quad-GPU SLI and 2-Way NVIDIA SLI technologies
- Support for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX and 3-Way/2-Way AMD CrossFire technologies
- 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support)
- 1 x SATA Express connector
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
* Refer to "1-8 Internal Connectors," for the installation notices for the M.2 and SATA connectors.
|USB||Chipset+ASMedia ASM2142 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Controller:
- 1 x USB Type-C port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
- 10 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (6 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports available through the internal USB headers
|Internal I/O Connectors||
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 connector
- 1 x SATA Express connector
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 3 x system fan headers
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 headers
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
- 1 x Thunderbolt add-in card connector
- 1 x serial port header
- 1 x parallel port header
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
|Back Panel Connectors||
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard port
- 1 x PS/2 mouse port
- 1 x HDMI port
- 1 x USB Type-C port, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A port (red)
- 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 port
- 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Side Speaker Out, Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
- iTE I/O Controller Chip
- Voltage detection
- Temperature detection
- Fan speed detection
- Overheating warning
- Fan fail warning
- Fan speed control
* Whether the fan speed control function is supported will depend on the cooler you install.
- 2 x 64 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS
- Support for DualBIOS
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
- Support for APP Center
* Available applications in APP Center may vary by motherboard model.
Supported functions of each application may also vary depending on
Platform Power Management
System Information Viewer
- Support for 3TB+ Unlock
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for Xpress Install
- Norton Internet Security (OEM version)
- Intel Optane Memory Ready
- Windows 10 64-bit (for 7th Generation Intel Processors)
- Windows 10 64-bit / Windows 8.1 64-bit / Windows 7 32-bit / 64-bits (for 6th Generation Intel Processors)
* Please download the "Windows USB Installation Tool" from GIGABYTE's website and install it before installing Windows 7.
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 22.5cm
to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors,
please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party
- Most hardware/software vendors may no longer offer
drivers to support Win9X/ME/2000/XP. If drivers are available from the
vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.