- Draft 802.11n Speeds Up to 14x Faster than Wireless G*
- Greater Coverage for Your Entire Home or Office
- Intelligent QoS Technology for Superior VoIP and Online Gaming
- Connect Computers, Game Consoles, or Media Players to the Web
Product DescriptionBEST-IN-CLASS FEATURES
The D-Link Xtreme N Gigabit Router (DIR-655) is a draft 802.11n compliant device that delivers up to 14x faster speeds* and 6x farther range* than 802.11g while staying backward compatible with 802.11g and 802.11b devices. Connect the Xtreme N Gigabit Router to a cable or DSL modem and provide high-speed Internet access to multiple computers, game consoles, and media players. Create a secure wireless network to share photos, files, music, videos, printers, and network storage.
Powered by Xtreme N technology and equipped with three external antennas, this router provides superior wireless coverage for larger homes and offices, or for users running bandwidth-intensive applications. The DIR-655 also includes a 4-port 10/100/1000 Gigabit switch that connects Gigabit wired devices for enjoying lag-free network gaming and faster file transfers.
WHY INTELLIGENT QoS IS BETTER
With some routers, all wired and wireless traffic, including VoIP, Video Streaming, Online Gaming, and Web browsing are mixed together into a single data stream. By handling data this way, applications like video streaming could pause or delay. With D-Links Intelligent QoS Technology, wired and wireless traffic is analyzed and separated into multiple data streams. These streams are then categorized by sensitivity to delay, so applications like VoIP, Video Streaming, and Online Gaming are given priority over Web browsing. This enables multiple applications to stream smoothly to your TV or PC.
ADVANCED NETWORK SECURITY
The Xtreme N Gigabit Router supports the latest wireless security features to help prevent unauthorized access, be it from over a wireless network or from the Internet. Support for WEP, WPA, and WPA2 standards ensure that you will be able to use the best possible encryption regardless of your client devices. In addition, this Xtreme N router utilizes Dual Active Firewalls (SPI and NAT) to prevent potential attacks from across the Internet.
Delivering best-in-class performance, network security, and coverage, the Xtreme N Gigabit Router (DIR-655) is the ideal centerpiece for your wireless network in the home or office.
WHAT THIS PRODUCT DOES
Create a wireless network to share high-speed Internet access with computers, game consoles, or media players from greater distances in your home or office.
XTREME N ROUTER BENEFITS
- Intelligent Wireless Prioritization Technology.
- Xtreme N technology allows for farther home coverage*.
- Secure your wireless network using advanced WEP, WPA, or WPA2 encryption.
- Easy to get started with D-Links new Quick Router Setup Wizard.
- Supports Good Neighbor Policy will not interfere with other wireless networks.
- Backward compatible with 802.11g and 802.11b devices including game consoles and digital media players.
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g and draft 802.11n specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, buildings materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. Wireless range and speed rates are D-Link RELATIVE performance measurements based on the wireless range and speed rates of a standard Wireless G product from D-Link. Maximum throughput based on D-Link draft 802.11n devices.
Windows Vista and the Windows logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.