***Please Note: It is required that the Unit be connected to a Port Multiplier compatible SATA Host Controller for the System to see all drives. It is assumed that the driver for the SATA Host Cotroller is correctly installed.***
The Addonics 5X1 Internal SATA Port Multiplier (PM) enables SATA hard drives to be configured for a wide range of storage applications. Designed to be mounted onto the PCI bracket of any standard desktop, low profile system or rack mounted system, the Internal Port Multiplier can combine up to 5 SATA hard drives into a single SATA port onboard or on an add-in controller. The 5 drives can be set up as individual drive, as RAID set or with JBOD to become one large hard drive depending on the controller. When multiple PMs are combined with an Addonics 4-Port SATA controller*, you can attach internally a whopping 20 SATA hard drives to your computer via 1 controller!
- Connect up to 5 SATA hard drives via 1 SATA port
- Compatible with CF memory card or Micro Drive using Addonics SATA CF adapters (ADSAHDCF or ADSACF)
- Up to 3Gbits/sec
- Compatible with Host Controllers using the SiI3124 and SiI3132 chipset. Click here for a list of Host Controllers using these chipsets.
- Drives can be configured as RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 5 or JBOD when connect to one of the Addonics RAID5 controllers with PM support
- Designed to be mounted onto any available standard or low profile add-in card bracket on a standard desktop case.
- Compliant with SATA II specification
- Support hot swap
- Supports SATA optical drives
- OS Support: Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, Mac OS X and above, Linux kernel 2.6 and above
- Port Multiplier support under Linux
* Port Multiplier does not work with SATA controller that has no PM support. Check with your system supplier to confirm the PM support on your existing SATA port
- 5x1 native SATA II Port Multiplier
- Full support for FIS-based switching and command-based switching SATA host controllers
- Advanced data aggregation architecture for ultra-fast read and write operations with FIS-based switching controllers
- LED Pin Headers for Host & 5 devices & Power On & System Ready
- Auto-negotiation support for 1.5Gbps and 3.0Gbps SATA
- Compliant with SATA II external specification
- Support Hot-swapping and ATAPI device
- OS independent
- Dimension (W x D x H) - 85 mm x 22 mm x 49 mm.
- 1 year warranty